Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 1989 300 sel..alarm sounds..unlock

I have a 1989 300 sel. My alarm sounds when I open the door even if I unlock it with the key. What do I need to check for parts? (it has been raining all night)
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 7 years ago.

Hi wriglea, the first thing to try is to lock and unlock the car from the other door or from the trunk. See if that disables the alarm. If it does that would indicate a fault in the driver's door lock contact. If you still have trouble I can instruct you on how to disable the alarm. Let me know how you make out.

Marty

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The truck will open fine but that does not unlock the doors and the passenger door lock is broken. I think it is the contact in the drivers door that got wet with all the rain we had. What does it llok like and where would I find the contact?
Expert:  Marty replied 7 years ago.

Your contact is part of the handle itself. The handle is easily removed for inspection. Just remove the end cap (119) covering the retaining screw (116), remove the screw and lift out the handle. You may need to slide the handle over in order to lift it out. I've attached a diagram. If you'd rather just disconnect the alarm the module is located under the passengers side floor in the footwell area behind the plastic panel. You can just disconnect the connectors to the module.

Marty

graphic

graphic