Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

c320: car wont start..jump start it!

Car won't start (2001, c320), just makes a click but starter does not turn over. Not sure if its the battery or starter. I can jump start it! Will I HAVE TO get a MB battery? Also The SRS light stays on, how do I reset it?

Hi Mike, if I understand you correctly the car will start if you jump it, is that correct?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ok, then a new battery should get you going. You do not need to install an OEM Mercedes battery but you do need to make sure that the battery you install is correct for your car. Here's a link to the Interstate Battery for your car. On your SRS light you will need to have the fault codes erased with a Mercedes scan tool. No doubt a low voltage code has been stored in the SRS module. If you give me the fault code for your check engine light I can help you decipher that as well. Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

If I remember correctly the code was P175- (or perhaps P114 maybe confusing it with my wifes honda) something to do with the fuel rail?

Is it worth it to buy the OEM scan tool? I can do all of my own work!

The OEM tool is upwards of 15k last I checked. You can do just fine with most code readers until you get into other parts of the car (like SRS). Neither of those codes are any good for your model (P0175 or P0114). If you can pull the code again I can try to help you.