Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer

2006 E350: mounting brackets or cables or instructions (just the drive

I own a 2006 E350 without the dvd navigation drive installed. I can pick one up on ebay for about $500.00. It does not come with any mounting brackets or cables or instructions (just the drive itself). I can find the DVD's on ebay so that doesn't seem like a problem. Do you know where I can buy the cables, brackets and instructions to properly install the DVD Navigation Drive?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 7 years ago.

Hello Jerrye,

Fr the proper gunctioning of COMAND with NAVI you must not only replace yur old radio,

but also retrofit new cruise control switch, and integrate the new control unit into your Mercedes CAN system. For that, OEM diagnosis tester is needed with working connection to Daimler headquaters. So i believe iy is necessary for you to find MB dealership, which will be willing to at least program all of these things for you. They will also have detailed instructions ( which i have as well) and exact parts list for this conversion.

So this is definately possible, but you must check that your local MB dealer is willing to do the finishing ´´touches´´ for you.

Best Regards,