Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years of in the Motor Trade as diagnostic Technician and general repair work.

what is code ECU 128 on in 07 freightliner m2 mercedes eng

Customer Question

what is code ECU 128 on in 07 freightliner m2 mercedes engine?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

My listings indicate that the 128 fault code is related to the operation - or faulty operation of the EGR valve.

You will need to remove it and give it a good clean... sometimes this works well - and clean out the ports as well -- they get sooted / caked up.

Check all the piping (associated ) etc and clean as needed - - and then refit and retry.

Hopefully all will be well -- but if not - you will need to renew the egr valve.

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds,.... MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget..........

PS...Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given- as thats how I get paid ;)

Feedback is always appreciated too... Thank you .