mauricio
mauricio, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years working in all makes and models

1999 mercedes: I have my radio code..correct procedure

Customer Question

I have my radio code for a 1999 Mercedes CLK 430 but when I input the code it asks for the code again and when inputted it continues asking for the code. What is the correct procedure to input the code and get the radio to play?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mauricio replied 5 years ago.

graphic

If the power supply to the radio has been interrupted, "CODE" will appear on the display when it is next switched on. The radio will only work after the five-digit code has been entered using the buttons on the right-hand control panel. The code number is XXXXX on the Radio Code Card, supplied with the radio.

Important! Never leave the RADIO CODE CARD in the vehicle. Keep it in a safe place.

Entering The Code Number

Switch on the radio, "CODE" will appear on the display. Using the buttons on the alpha-numeric keypad, enter the five digit code. Confirm by pressing the "OK" key.
If an incorrect code has been entered and confirmed, "CODE" will reappear on the display. The correct code must be entered once again. If an incorrect code is entered three times, "WAIT" will appear on the display and the radio will be locked out for about 10 minutes.

Note: The lock out time will only count down if the radio is left switched on.

mauricio, Mercedes Technician
Experience: 15 years working in all makes and models
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried yoour recommendation and it did not work. It appears that I don't have the correct code. Is there anyway to find out the correct without going to a dealership?
Expert:  mauricio replied 5 years ago.
You need to call the dealer and give then the VIN number and Radio serial number to retrieve the correct ccode