Benz Tech
Benz Tech, Mercedes Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  12+ Mercedes Main Dealer Diagnostic Tech,ATA Registered Master,Auto Gas

you remove the solenoid off a Diesel injector..puller model year

Customer Question

How do you remove the solenoid off a Diesel injector on my A170, I need to do this to attach my injector puller model year is 2000?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Benz Tech replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to just answer

The Mercedes slide hammer hooks under where the clamp would be so as not to damage the injector , i don't know what sort you have but if we had one that was really stuck in we have to break of the top of the injector and use a hydraulic puller,this would screw on to it, so as to force it out. note if you was to remove the top you will have to replace the injector as small springs and metal parts go flying out.

Feel free to ask more question even after i have answered as i would like to see that you get the job do ok.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't have a Mercedes slide hammer, I have an injector puller which screws into the top of the injector, I now need to understand if the injector can be re-assembled after disantling?