Rob
Rob, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  18 1\2 years with Mercedes Benz and counting.

Where is the radio amp located in a 1995 e320 sedan

Customer Question

where is the radio amp located in a 1995 e320 sedan
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
Good evening,

The amp is located in the trunk on the left side of the car behind the liner. When the liner is out of the way it is actually tucked in between the inside of the finder and a bracket as shown in the picture.

graphic

Please accept my answer if it properly answers you question.
Thanks,
Rob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

not there? any other locations. the cd unit is on the opposite side also.

Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
There are only 4 wiring diagrams listed for that model. 2 of them being up to production 8-31-97 and 2 of them after.

Both of the ones with sound system have the location as the left rear. Since the cd player is on the right side is it possible the amp is also on the right side?

And that has me wondering my next question. Is this car a USA car or is it an overseas model?

The location I gave is for a USA version. But like I said maybe the amp is located on the other side with the CD player.

I'm out of ideas if it is not on the right side.

But I'll include a quick picture of the available wiring diagram listings just to show there is not really a whole lot of choices.

Model 210 designates a E class so don't worry about what 210 means just in case you are not familiar with MB's technical jargon.

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a USA car. The reason for these questions is I have just installed a new stereo system and the factory amp is causing cracking sounds on the two left front speakers, although my technician said he by passed the amp. I did also install new speakers. The speaker problem was happening before I installed the new system. I am thinking he did not by pass the amp therefore the same problem. He now wants to re-wire all the speakers.
Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
Well I doubled checked myself this morning because I was a bit confused.

Part of the reason for my confusion is I thought 1996 was the start of the body change and when I looked it up it said 1995 was the change. That would have made the location correct. But now I see that the info was incorrect therfore I gave you the incorrect location. I should have went with what I thought the first time.

So now what you have here is the amps for the left and right speakers mounted in the right rear of the trunk.

N40\1 is left amp

N40\2 is right amp

graphic