MBTim
MBTim, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  21 years Mercedes Diagnosis Technician. ASE Master Tech With Advanced Level,California smog lisc.8yr
12348708

2002 ml320: low beam headlights..the headlight switch is turned on

My low beam headlights on my 2002 ML 320 won't come on. I noticed this when the battery was dead last week. I have replaced the battery but still no low beam lights when the headlight switch is turned on. I can get the high beams only when moving the lever forward. The driving lights do work when the headlight switch is not on automatic. Any suggestions?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MBTim replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What is the complete VIN number for your car and production month and year
This info can be found on the door jam sticker
I need this info so I can pull the correct wiring schmatic

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Build Date from the drivers doorjam is 01/02. VIN is 4JGAB54E92A330570. High beams will work
Expert:  MBTim replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thanks for the info

The only two fuses that show in the schematic are # XXXXX and #24 However I would check all the fuses visually.There are two relays k9 and k13 one for the left and one for the right. The bad news is the main switch has a high failure rate and if the fuses all check out more than likely your going to need a new combination head light switch .Please press accept then if you need further help feel free to ask
Thanks
Tim