Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years of in the Motor Trade as diagnostic Technician and general repair work.

I have a Mercedes A170 cdi and periodically it misfires quite

I have a Mercedes A170 cdi and periodically it misfires quite violently and loses power after about a minute the problem clears and I get black smoke from exhaust and a smel of diesel. Any ideas
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

From your description of the fault - it would appear that you have one or more , faulty injectors..

Injector cleaner is good and will help but if an injector is mechanically or electronically faulty -then no amount of cleaner will help Im afraid...

You need to take your vehicle to a diesel specialist who will have the equipment required to test the injectors for faults and then rectify whichever one has failed -either by repair or replacement...

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

PS~ Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - Thank you .

Feedback is always appreciated too