Rob
Rob, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  18 1\2 years with Mercedes Benz and counting.
12478375

I HAVE A BENZ ML320 -2001.I NEED THE RADIO CODE.

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
Good afternoonCustomer

If the radio code card is not in your service books then you can visit any MB dealer and they can run your VIN number and retrieve your code.

If that is not a possibility then give me your VIN and I can get you the code for your radio provided it is the same one that cam with your ML.

From time to time the code is wrong and the we need to get the serial number off the radio itself.

I hope I have properly answered your question.
Rob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I TRIED THE VIN.THEY GIVE ME THE CODE "12213" IT DID NOT WORK......THE SERIAL IS AL 4110 102 29390 -- MODEL IS RA 4110
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
THE VIN IS 4JGAB54E81A262213
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.

The best I can do for you at this point is to look up the radio code in the morning when I get to work.

I do not have computer access to that part of the system at home that allows me to look up code by serial number.

I hope this acceptable at this point.
Rob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK,I WILL WAIT. THANKS
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.

In the serial number you wrote. THE SERIAL IS AL 4110 102 29390

the 1 in 102 are you sure it is a number. I ask because usually it is a letter like A or X
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YES SIR,THAT IS EXACTLY THE WAY I SEE IT ON THE RADIO.
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.

Ok, I just had to check. I can get the code first thing in the morning for you.

Still seems weird but thats ok, I can see new things from time to time.

Thanks for checking
Rob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
IT LOOKS LIKE THE PREVIOUS OWNER CHANGED THE RADIO. THAT IS WHY WE CANT GET IT BY THE VIN. THANKS
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
Yea that happens from time to time. It is common.

I'll get with you first thing in the morning.

I'm on the East coast if that matters to you or not.
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

Your code should be.

51351

If there is any problems with it just let me know.

Thank for you patience.
Rob
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
Was that the proper code for your car?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
HI,I JUST CAME HOME AND TRIED IT.. I DID IT 3 TIMES AND IT WENT INTO THE WAIT MODE.. ..I AM SO FURSTRATED.. EVEN RADIO-CODE.COM COULD NOT GET IT.. I TRUST U WILL.THANKS
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
OKay

DEEP BREATH!

First I would like to have your VIN number. I'm going to run it in the morning and see if I get a different number then what you got originally.

Second what did you do? Step by step. What was the last button you hit after the last number entered?

3rd. The only possibilities are. Your original radio code given to you is wrong. The code in our system is wrong in which case I don't think there is a way to get a good one. Or the radio itself is faulty. From time to time it does happen, battery gets changed and the radio just has a brain fart and does not work again.

I'll hope the VIN number yields something different.

In the mean time just leave to radio on. It needs to wait till it gets back to code. I have seen it take as little as 10 minutes or as long as 24 hours. Either way the radio needs to be on. Key can be in the off position. Radio may time out in which case it will need to be turned back on.