joesshop
joesshop, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECH 30+ YRS FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC ADVANCED DIAGNOSTICS AND TRANSMISSION REPAIRS.
9638808

mercedes ML320 2001 petrol ERROR/START on the dash car wont

mercedes ML320 2001 petrol ERROR/START on the dash car wont start
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  joesshop replied 8 years ago.
   I will send you the wiring diagram for your starting system. The system is pretty basic. You can bypass the relay to check the starter motor itself. This will give you an idea of the system and wherew to start.  I hope I have been of some help.  Thanks,  Joegraphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
At times when i turn the key the engine turns over and when the engine goes to fire it cuts out. Then turn the key again theres nothing at all even the engine does not turn.
Expert:  joesshop replied 8 years ago.
It sounds like the connection is being lost. Test the voltage at the starter itself. If you have power there at the small wire while cranking, the starter is bad. If not back track up the wiring diagram I sent you to locate the problem. Thanks, Joe
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi joe don't have the diagram you sent. when i disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the engine turn but after a couple of times there nothing.to me the starter sounds strong.
Expert:  joesshop replied 8 years ago.
I can see the diagram. I sent it with my first answer. The starter sounding strong has nothing to do with it. If the connection is poor, it will work or not. Thanks, Joe