ase_master327, Shop owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Mercedes'. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.

1990 190e 2.6: I had to replace the fuel pressure regulator

I have a 1990 190e 2.6 and I had to replace the fuel pressure regulator. Where does the vacuum line get pluged-in?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 8 years ago.

The vacuum hose (if it has one) hooks straight into an intake manifold vacuum port below the throttle.

Maybe you have the wrong part? The part number for the regulator is(NNN) NNN-NNNN and it cost $460.00, through Mercedes

Here are the instructions from Mercedes on how to change it. Notice they say nothing about vacuum. There is not anything in the vacuum diagrams about it, either:

• Remove the air cleaner assembly.
  • Disconnect the NEG. battery terminal and insulate.
  • Disconnect the fuel inlet and outlet at the fuel pressure regulator. Catch escaping fuel with a cloth.
  • Remove the mounting screws for the fuel pressure regulator and lift out the fuel pressure regulator.
  • Install in reverse manner.
  • Run the engine and check for fuel leaks.