Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years of in the Motor Trade as diagnostic Technician and general repair work.

how do i remove the speed restrictor from my mercades sprinter 511 cdi

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to ;)

This is not a straight forward simple operation like removing a wire off the speed sensor etc - like some early models - you have 2007 van here!

I do know that the ecu can be re-programmed / re mapped to allow for more speed - Im not talking speed boosters , like the gadgets you can buy to boost the output - Im talking having it done with a computer - but actually the job is similer to buying and fitting the devices off the likes ebay etc -- They do work, you get increased BHP and it may be worth you taking that option... As I say, its not a straight forward thing Im araid on these...

On some models but not these If you removed the speed sensor wire from the gearbox the ecu does not receive the signal and cuts power , if you remove the dash wire the vehilce wont start and if you cut the CAN wires going to the engine ecu you loose the dash functions like the temp guage battery charge light etc etc. So you can see, with these modern vehicles its just not feasible..

I Sincerley hope I have helped you -- Please ask if you need further help -

Kind Rgds, MIKE

PS~Please hit ACCEPT if you are happy with my answer/advice given~ Thank You ;)

Any & All Bonuses Are Gratefully Received ~ Thank you again.

{ FEEDBACK is Always Appreciated }

Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.

***********ACCEPT REMINDER**********

Please press ACCEPT on your screen if we are done. Thank you , Mike