FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE

ML500: has a problem with keyless entry..drivers side door

Customer Question

My ML500 (2006) has a problem with keyless entry. The keyless on the drivers side door does not work. Keyless works on other doors. Do you have any ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer does the driver door lock work at all other times with the key or with the button on the door?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to FIXITMAN's Post: Hi FITITMN, the door locks and unlocks with the remote. It locks and unlocks when I use keyless on other doors. The button on the door does not work and the handle sensor does not work.
Yesterday all worked fine... Any ideas?

Best regards, Customer
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
Okay, this problem is either in the door switch itself, or most likely in the fron door module for the driverside door. The module is what controls these functions that are not working. it is strange for this part to go bad on this new of a vehicle. Do you plan on fixing this youself?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to FIXITMAN's Post: Well, it's simple then I might try. Is there some computer reset or some then I can try befor I go out and buy a new module for the driverside door? Would this be covered under warranty?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
If the vehicle is under the factory warranty then take it in. i would not mess with anything. Mercedes can void your warranty if there is any evidence that you tampered with anything. Is the vehicle under warranty?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to FIXITMAN's Post: The car is from early 2006 so it's more than 2 years old. The car has been exported from USA to Iceland and I'm the new owner of the car. I have to check if it is under warranty.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
I would check on the warranty before trying anything. There is no simple reset for this condition. Most likely the vehicle will still be covered under the factory warranty.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
A friend of mine tole me to disconnect the battery and there by reset the ECU. Now I can use the keyless entry on the drivers side door. Your answer did not help me.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
I am glad you got it fixed. Have a good day.