MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

ML55 AMG: 2001 model..srs light..dash

Customer Question

I have an ML55 AMG 2001 model. The SRS light on the dash does not always go out after starting the car. Can anyone point me in the right direction to begin the fault finding process. thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

There are several areas of the air bag system that may give you a problem. However, when there is a problem, the controler should set a trouble code. You will want to have the SRS system scanned to see what code(s) may be present. You will need to have it scanned at a shop that has the proper diagnostic tools, or at the dealer. Let me know what code(s) they find and we will have a better idea of what may be causing the light to stay on too long.Or stay on.