tech4benz
tech4benz, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Master Certified , Dealership Employed and Factory Trained
9666453

HOW DO I CHANGE THE ENGINE OIL IN A 2007 MERCEDES BENZ C230 ...

Customer Question

HOW DO I CHANGE THE ENGINE OIL IN A 2007 MERCEDES BENZ C230 SPORT SEDAN
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  tech4benz replied 8 years ago.

Hello again,

Haven't heard from you on my last reply, so I'm going to go ahead and just let you know both procedures.....If you're going to extract the oil using an oil extractor tool(available at your local parts store), 1st step: run engine to operating temperature, then shut off engine, open hood remove front portion of engine cover, remove oil fill cap, then towards the right side at the front of the engine you'll see the oil filter housing(black round piece about 3-4" in diameter), this needs to be loosened all the way(there is a special tool for this part number 103589020900(available at the MB dealer, maybe aftermarket as well), you may be able to get it loose with a generic strap type oil filter wrench(I've never tried it), when tightening torque spec.=25 NM, now remove dipstick and setup extractor in dipstick tube(make sure you bottom out all the way down), suck out the oil, I advise you to mark the extractor tool so you know how much you removed(usually these seem to get all the oil but better to know, then to end up overfilling after), then replace your oil filter and o-rings on housing, tighten, fill with mobil 1 0w-40(fill capacity=8.5 quarts), put on fill cap, run car for a few minutes, shut off car, check oil, should be at the top of the grid on the dipstick, that's it.................now, if you're doing this the conventional way, same first steps as before, make sure you loosen the oil filter all the way, except now you are not going to install the extractor....instead you'll have to obviously jack up car and support properly to get underneath(MB recommends having the car level <<i.e. not just jacking the front up>>so that all the oil comes out, remove the rearmost underpanel under engine(8mm screws), remove drain plug(on the drivers side of oil pan near subframe), replace copper seal ring on drain plug(to avoid potential leak), let all oil drain out until very slow drip, retighten drain plug=30NM, reinstall underpanel, put car back on ground, replace oil filter and o-rings, fill with 8.5 quarts, run car then shutoff after a few minutes check oil as stated before, thats it......either way you choose, you should have everything here that you need, let me know if you need anything else....good luck....Bob