VinnievegaMBtech
VinnievegaMBtech, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 yrs. of dealer experence, Master tech certified, Still Dealer Employed. School every year.
7851454

I have a 2002 mercedes 430 clk with a dead battery, the ...

Customer Question

I have a 2002 mercedes 430 clk with a dead battery, the metal key that should open the truck wont- how do I get into the trunk to replace the battery.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  VinnievegaMBtech replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

To open the truck, when you stick the key in the hole, turn the key, i think it is clock wise, if it does not work in that position turn it the other way, till it stops then while holding it in that position push in to open, it will not open just by turning the key like in the door.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Key will not turn in the pushed in position or the out position- it slides right in & you can push it in but it does nothing. you cant turn it either way
Sorry it took so long had computer issues, yes under the hood drivers side in front of the fuse box there another little black cover piece, pop that up and that is your positive connection and just find a good ground and your in.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to VinnievegaMBtech's Post: Boy that info would of came in handy this morning before I had the thing towed to mercedes- you right it was right in front of my face- didn't see it the cover.
Sorry about that i had some computer problems i couldn't get on line to this evening.