Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

OKMH212130 I have Inveterate Depression since 2001. I

Customer Question

OKMH212130 I have Inveterate Depression since 2001. I treatmented my country medical doctors,But I could'nt get good effect by my country's approval all medicines 13 years. I could't get up in my bed 13 years.And my country doctors explained me, We can not give to you the recovery in my country. USA has good reserch of Depression. USA has a lot of good medicines ( my country didn't have these good medicines ) and Good Magnetic therapy for Brain. I got special visa from USA, I continue USA's medicines and USA's Magnetic therapy about 3 years. I continue 1 week 1 time by magnetic Treatment and Taking USA Medicines now. about 3 years in USA. I get recovery little by little Now. but My action and the ability to think ENERGY is only 3 hour / day. I spend in my bed almost time. and I can not have take pleasure,I can not enjoy life yet. Please tell me,Can I get the Complete Recovery ( REMISSION ) on my 15 years INVETERATE DEPRESSION ? Now I have problem by USA's medical treatment visa. USA can not give me Medical Treatment visa by my depression. I am lost.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Expert:  Linda D. replied 3 months ago.

I am so sorry that you are struggling with depression. And I also apologize for your long wait for an Expert to help you, but I will try now.

Expert:  Linda D. replied 3 months ago.

There are several ways to treat depression:

1). Medications as you already know.

2). Psychotherapy to explore the underlying causes, beliefs, experiences that may b3e causing the depressed feelings. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is one of the most effective therapies (CBT).

3). Exercise. Even though you may not feel like you have the energy to exercise, research has proven that even a 20 minute walk daily an improve depression. The more the better for positive results and for positive endorphins to increase in your brain.

4). Good nutrition and the avoidance of alcohol. Eat foods rich in vitamins and minerals. Avoid sugary and fatty foods which have been shown to increase low moods and add to sluggishness. Also a good idea to take a multivitamin, especially vitamin and B vitamins.

5). Develop a spiritual practice that makes sense to you. It can be with a Higher Power, Nature, the Universe but something that brings yu in touch with a purpose or meaning for life.

These are some of the important key components to addressing the symptoms of depression and making them more manageable and to increase the pleasure in life. Please let me know your thoughts. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC