LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  10 years post-MSW experience
25232551

I suffer from severe anxiety, about 20 yrs stress from work

i suffer from severe anxiety
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: about 20 yrs stress from work is usually the worst
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: i suffer insomnia from the anxiety

Hi, thanks for writing to us. My name is***** anxiety and insomnia can be really hard and draining. Can you help me understand your question so I can best try to help? Thanks,

Leah

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i get panic attacks
sweats cant sleep
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
these panic attacks can last for days

Do you take any medications to help? If anxiety has gotten to this point, you'll need to talk to your doctor or perhaps a psychiatrist about medications. Therapy may also be warranted to dig up the roots of the anxiety and help teach you coping strategies and strategies for adjusting your thought process to help you not worry so much. often,. we worry about things we can't control and often we find ourselves living in the past or the future which can lead us to feeling super stressed.

So first, I'd start with setting up an appointment with your primary care doctor to talk about he anxiety, panic and insomnia. Then, I'd check out this site to find a therapist who can help you through this by offering support and guisdance for tackling panic and anxiety. http://therapists.psychologytoday.com

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thank you

You are welcome! There is definitely hope and treatments for panic disorder. So keep your chin up and know that facing this with the help of a team of professionals WILL get you feeling so much better and more in control of your thoughts and feelings. Today may be your day to take a dive toward getting this help so you can get back to enjoying life :)