Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My husband contradicts me on my plans, my goals and things

Customer Question

My husband contradicts me on my plans, my goals and things that I want to do. He never agrees with me its a constant pattern and I am tired of the constantly urguing with him that I have become angry with other people and beginning to feel frustrated and I advised in a nice way but still if I make a suggestion he either says that I am bossing him or telling what to do and makes a seen wherever we are and he stars screaming telling me that I am wrong. Today we almost got robbed or stabbed in the subway and if it wasn't for me who knows what could have happened. I explained to him to look at his surroundings, to be aware of who, what surrounds him. He starts an urgument in public etc. He so nice and talkative to other females and laughs has long conversations and discloses my personal information about my health. He is too friendly to woman and men he doesn't even know. To prove a point on the way home on the bus another con man was going to pull a number on him and if I wasn't with he he would have received a fine of $200.00...it can go on and on...I Am tire of this....I am exhausted and I am don't have the patience anymore. I don't want to hear him talk anymore. ...HE doesn't listen, whatever I ask him to do is a problem. ..etc
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: He is in therapy and the doctor gave him medications but he doesn't take it.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: He was bullied and harrassed at work that he quit his job and he is suffering from PTSD and he is on disability
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He was also given exams with a neurologist and he thinks that its the beginning of dementia. I disagree because, I had my aunt friends who had dementia or alzimer and they don't reason and attack this way emotionally. They would be clumpsy, forgetful or stardur or say unrrational things. My hus knows what he is doing.
Expert:  LeahMSWuofm replied 4 months ago.

Hi and thanks for writing to us. My name is***** am really sorry you are experiencing this ongoing frustration with your husband. It sounds like he is really lucky to have you by his side, despite his inability to show that he needs and values you. So I can best help you, is there a specific question you'd like me to answer or are you just looking to chat for a bit? Are you considering leaving this marriage at this time? How old is your husband?

I look forward to talking this through with you,

Leah

Hi, I noted this question is still open and wanted to see if i could help you further?

Thanks!!

-Leah