Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My adult daughter thinks she has worms in her hair. she has

Customer Question

my adult daughter thinks she has worms in her hair. she has been to 2 er's andhas seen 3 doctors and has had a cat scan. she is scaring me. Last night she started hitting herself in her head and my husband attempted to restrain her and she was sreaming. I really don't know what to do. She won't eat. She doesn't live with us. Her boyfriend won't even talk to her about it. He's had it with her. I need help for her but she won't acknowledge she needs help. She keeps taking pictures of her head with her phone. The doctors don't see anything and neither do we. what can i do. Please help me to help her. Thank you.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 14 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using justanswer. I am very sorry that your daughter is experiencing this, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. Since it seems like all physical causes for this have been ruled out it sounds like you believe this is a mental health issue, so have you talked to your daughter about seeing a psychiatrist for treatment?