Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am taking Effexor, lemotrigine, and lorasapam, and I still

Customer Question

I am taking Effexor, lemotrigine, and lorasapam, and I still feel depressed what can I take to get rid of the depression
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Going on 3 years and I am seeing a doctor, he has given me many medications and nothing seems to help much
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: No, I don't think so, such as what do you mean about medical history
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I'll be glad to help you with this question. You know, to give you the best answer, I think I should ask you for a little more information first that will help us define the problem and the situation.

First, these are not the typical medications that a general practitioner, your primary care physician, would usually prescribe for just depression; rather, they indicate a lot of anxiety and perhaps a mood disorder. Is this correct? Have you seen a psychiatrist to discuss these medications and if they are the correct ones for you?

And, secondly, it could be that you are resistant to medications. Are you interested in doing therapy work to help you with the problems?

Finally, share with me what the depression is like and if there is anxiety and how long you've had these issues.

I'll await your answer,

Dr. Mark

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 months ago.

Hi. I see you haven't yet responded to my follow up questions to you. I would be very interested in hearing back from you with your responses and then moving forward on your question if it is still an issue.

Let me know,

Dr. Mark