Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

It's Friday and I am on holiday until Monday night. I forgot

Customer Question

Hi. It's Friday and I am on holiday until Monday night. I forgot my cymbalta which means I will have gone three days without it. What kind of reaction can I expect? Thanks, anne
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I just discovered this--it's bedtime. I'm in the U.K., doctor is in the US. I take lithium, lorazepam, seroquel, and lamictal.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Caplan replied 10 days ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations, and I understand your concern about potential withdrawal or emotional backlash from not taking your usual meds. Would you prefer a summary answer to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

It seems that you're not able to chat at the moment - certainly not a problem. I’ll convert the chat session to a Question & Answer session. That way, we can both continue to post questions/comments/answers, without time restrictions, until you feel satisfied with the information you’ve received.

Feel free to click "reply" to post answers and more questions at any time. When you click “ reply” and type out your comment/question, I will be notified to come back and answer. You are not charged more than the initial deposit, no matter how long it takes for us to chat, so this will just take the time restrictions away for both of us. When you feel satisfied that I have addressed your concern completely, you can then press "accept" and rate the answer so that I may be compensated for the time.