Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

I am obsessed with cuckold pornography. No. None. Just

Customer Question

I am obsessed with interracial cuckold pornography.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. None. Just booze.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: I have no headaches, just a slight burning sensation in my heard.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: Months. A few nightmares, not too bad.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I think I watch too much, but it's fun.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Not sure if this is normal or healthy. I just watch. I would never participate.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It feels like I'm wasting time.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hope this topic is not inappropriate. No place else to discuss.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Anybody there?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is this a scam?
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 17 days ago.
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
Well, you see if watching pornography has become an obsession for you meaning that if it has taken precedence over important things of your life and if not watching porn makes you feel anxious, agitated and restless then yes it is an unhealthy habit that you have formed and you must give it up since any type of obsession is pathological and it needs to be taken care of.
So, I will suggest that you start by cutting down on watching pornography and use that time and energy in doing something constructive or even activities that bring you joy and fun. Slowly you shall further reduce the number of hours invested by you in watching porn until you end up giving it up on a regular basis.
If you find that you have become too much dependent on porn so much so that you cannot cut down on it on your own then in that case you can seek help from a clinical psychologist who can use a specialized therapy called as ERP ( Exposure Response Prevention ) therapy to help you this decompensating unhealthy addiction .
You may feel otherwise about this issue and may perhaps think of it as something non serious and temporary but may I inform you that if this addiction is not given up soon it may snowball into a more serious pathological dependence which will start affecting your personal, professional and social domains of life.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 15 days ago.
May I please request you to kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer so that I can be credited for my service.
Regards