Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

I've been told by a number of people that I am off and

Customer Question

I've been told by a number of people that I am off and lately I have been feeling very upset and find myself crying randomly
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I haven't seen a doctor, I'm a teenager and my mother doesn't believe in depression I am not an any medication either *on any medication
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: It's been about 4 months now. I've felt this way before but this time it's been longer and it effecting me more. I haven't reached out to anyone. I never have because I'm always told to keep my emotions to myself.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: I'm anemic
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 25 days ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Expert:  Linda D. replied 25 days ago.

i am so sorry to hear that you are sad. I am so glad that you ae able to reach out and express yourself. Can you identify what may be making you feel really sad or maybe angry? I like to think of depression in some ways as anger turned inward. I am here for you and look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thank you. I honestly would just like to learn how to get over it and move on. I hate how unproductive I am when I am like this, most of the people in my life aren't too fond of it either. My mother doesn't comfort me but rather rebukes me and claims that my sloth is something I conjured up to spite her. I don't know how to handle it this time around. I usually ignore it and sleep it off. However, now I've found myself sleeping more, doing less and crying more.
Expert:  Linda D. replied 25 days ago.

Okay I understand, are you able to order a book online? Linda

Expert:  Linda D. replied 24 days ago.

You could order one of the many excellent workbooks for Anxiety Disorders to help you learn some strategies and techniques to cope with your symptoms more effectively. Would you like me to recommend one to you? Linda

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
That would be great
Expert:  Linda D. replied 24 days ago.

This is a good workbook that you could work on on your own that would help you:

The Anti-Anxiety Workbook: Proven Strategies to Overcome Worry, Phobias, Panic, and Obsessions (Paperback)

by Martin Anthony

I wish you all the best, ***** ***** know how you are doing in the future after you have worked in the workbook. Please take a moment to rate my service to you. I would truly appreciate it. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC