Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have been dealing with Dysautonomia pretty much my entire

Customer Question

I have been dealing with Dysautonomia pretty much my entire life b
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: i was on beta blockers but now my symptoms are more geared towards pots and not nueromediated syncope like before. Ny change in posture to n upright position makes my heart rate increase significantly. I'm wondering how to go about finding. Therapist to deal with the emotional and psychological aspects of what's going on because I'm. Single mom
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: I started fainting at the age of 6 months and wasn't diagnosed until I was 18 at which time they out in a pacemaker. I have debilitating almost daily headaches with a lot of vomiting and other gi problems. After going birth to my son in 2008 my symptoms have worsened and I'm struggling to cope
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 22 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 22 days ago.

I have found the drug sertraline to be very helpful in this scenario

have you tried that?

how else can I help?