Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

I have questions about my meds, yes I've seen a doctor but I

Customer Question

I have questions about my meds
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes I've seen a doctor but I have no insurance at the moment. I'm taking 20mg of celexa
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: depression and anxiety
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: yes but I moved and I do not have any coverage at the moment
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I was doing okay on this medication, but the last week I have slowly been getting worse again. I cried at work and after work today. I can't stop ruminating about my past, and I'm getting desperate for relief. Should I increase the dose?
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I have only been on it for about 6 weeks at this dosage.
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 24 days ago.
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
I am a Psychiatrist and I believe I can help you with your query.
Well, you see it seems celexa ( citalopram ) is not working effectively on your depression and anxiety most likely due to your body having become resistant against this dose. You see for full remission or recovery from Depression or/and anxiety it is essential to use the optimum dose of an Anti depressant medication but in your case celexa is has still not been used at its optimum dose of 40 mg per day and that explains why the drug has lost its effect mid way.
So I suggest that you ask your doctor to up the dose of celexa to 40 mg per day and also add klonopin at 0.25 - 0.5 mg on prn basis that is as and when required basis. This will take care of your symptoms effectively.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 18 days ago.

May i please request you to kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer so that i can be credited for my service.

Regards