JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping people find solutions...
68372260

I'm so worried about our oldest son. He is 41, suffers from

Customer Question

I'm so worried about our oldest son. He is 41, suffers from depression and has taken medicine in the past. However, he has polycystic kidney disease and cannot not take the medicine anymore because it damages his kidneys.
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: No. He sees a therapist. He is hostile toward us. Everything we say to him or do is wrong. He's very combative with us and his sister. He tells us we are toxic to him.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: There's other things, but I don't really know where to start.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 1 month ago.

I am so sorry you are going through this. It sounds as if you care very much for your son. I want to help you, but can you first tell me more about your son? How long has he been depressed? What is the cause of his depression? What do you mean by combative? Any other details you can give me could be helpful.