Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

What is the best anxiety med without weight gain? I've been

Customer Question

what is the best anxiety med without weight gain?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I've been taking Effie's for years and I can't lose weight.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: no, but I've been told by my doctors that is he reason for the excess weight, is there any medication for anxiety that won't cause that problem.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 30 days ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Expert:  Linda D. replied 30 days ago.

Hi, this is a good question. The medication for anxiety that the majority of my clients take for treatment of symptoms of anxiety with no reports of weight gain is Celexa. It is my preference for my clients with very few complaints of other side effects as well. I hope this helps you with your personal goals. Linda D., LMSW, CASAC