Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Having trouble focusing/can't stay focused in the bed... No

Customer Question

Having trouble focusing/can't stay focused in the bed...
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No medications.. No dr yet..
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: High anxiety/panic attacks.. Have not had panic attack in 15 years but still get anxious.. Also had Lyme disease few years back..
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Seems to have gotten worse recently.. Have had it happen a few times here and there..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Is this during sexual activity?

Do you have problems focusing during other activities?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
during sex.. like bad performance anxiety.. Focus the rest of the time is not a huge problem.. I don't take any medications just supplements.. However I struggle to control high cholesterol..

Thank you for that additional information.

The good news is that there is help available for your condition.

I suggest consulting with a psychologist for possible DBT therapy.

In addition a licensed sex therapist can help you to get past your performance anxiety.

This is a common condition and, with help, you should be able to enjoy a full and satisfying sex life.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS