Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have suffered from anxiety disorder, acute panic disorder,

Customer Question

I have suffered from anxiety disorder, acute panic disorder, agoraphobia since childhood. Extreme panic began at age 15, anxiety, social, agoraphobia(fears) for as long as I can remember. Thrown in hospital and treated with electro shock therapy at 15. Once again at 21. After that all anxiety and fears remained, but panic came and went over the years. Went through drs., clinics, self study and research, Midwest center for anxiety.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: As I said, all my life. Finally in my 40s, along with menopause, I agreed to go on permanent medication. Tried many. Zoloft worked, but eventually stopped. Been on Venlafaxine er for years, now beginning not to work. Have to take Alprazolam for panic attacks. Only thing that has worked. Taking a turn toward depression now. Have been researching Trintellix. Advertisement seems to describe what I now go through. Are these in same family?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Cannot take Paxil, no Maois. Heart valve leaks. Two, but not advanced yet. I'm now 68. Fighting whole life. Always being proactive in research.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry you have such bad anxiety symptoms.

sometimes medications like seroquil and aricept can be added to medications like venlafaxine to help them work better for patients with severe anxiety symptoms

have you taken medications like those before?

are you seeing a good psychiatrist?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. Often the side effects on these are so dangerous and some cannot be reversed. I have resisted doing this. I have been through so many psychiatric drs. Most of the time I know more than they do about this. I was with a great dr. before I moved here. The current medications were working well at that time, so with all records from the drs. I had seen in the past, my primary care physician agreed to let me stay on the same meds. There don't seem to be any really good drs. in my current area that specialize in these disorders and I don't want to get messed up. I've seen it happen to many others with the wrong meds. I don't want to lose ground, for years I have been able to live and drive and fly in planes and do things I never thought I could.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Waiting for advice. Have an appt. tomorrow and plan to address this issue with him. Do you have any useful input?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay, no help here. Want money back.