Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Owner and Psychotherapist at Self-Employed, Private Practice

Me and my wife have left with the twims. It is always on my

Customer Question

Me and my wife have left with the twims. It is always on my mind are they okay and then I start having panic attacks
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I don't have a family doctor
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: How are having panic attacks before she left this time
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: If I am lucky I can find a prescription pill that's called I think and it's spelled her ex and it spelled Xanax Sorry I don't know how to pronunciate it
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 7 days ago.

Good evening and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I can absolutely understand why your anxiety would be at an all-time high and can't even imagine how you are functioning through your day. My heart absolutely aches for you.

There are a few things you can do to manage your anxiety (panic attacks) effectively.....some of them include the following:

1. psychotherapy to learn some coping skills

2. psychiatry (medication for anxiety such as Xanax or an antidepressant)

3. exercise (to raise serotonin levels in the brain)

4. yoga/meditation (to overall ease anxiety)

I would also recommend the following coping techniques:

• Take a time-out. Practice yoga, listen to music, meditate, get a massage, or learn relaxation techniques. Stepping back from the problem helps clear your head.
  • Eat well-balanced meals. Do not skip any meals. Do keep healthful, energy-boosting snacks on hand.
  • Limit alcohol and caffeine, which can aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks.
  • Get enough sleep. When stressed, your body needs additional sleep and rest.
  • Exercise daily to help you feel good and maintain your health. Check out the fitness tips below.
  • Take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly.
  • Count to 10 slowly. Repeat, and count to 20 if necessary.
  • Do your best. Instead of aiming for perfection, which isn't possible, be proud of however close you get.
  • Accept that you cannot control everything. Put your stress in perspective: Is it really as bad as you think?
  • Welcome humor. A good laugh goes a long way.
  • Maintain a positive attitude. Make an effort to replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
  • Get involved. Volunteer or find another way to be active in your community, which creates a support network and gives you a break from everyday stress.
  • Learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school, or something else you can identify? Write in a journal when you’re feeling stressed or anxious, and look for a pattern.

Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can do to assist you further? I want to ensure you are pleased with my service. I also gently request you provide a star rating for me. Of course, we can continue to talk after the rating is provided.

Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 5 days ago.

Good morning. I hope you are doing o.k. Just wanted to check in to ensure I answered your question and see if there is anything else I can assist you with?

I gently request you provide a star rating so I may be compensated. Please know we can continue to correspond after a rating is provided.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie