Marie Beasley
Marie Beasley,
Experience:  psychiatrist at Riverview Psychiatry, LLC

I've been reading on the studies for patients with complex

Customer Question

I've been reading on the studies for patients with complex PTSD and how the studies have helped them out. I have had many traumatic events in my life and tried many types of therapy with no alleviation of symptoms.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I've been on many different antidepressants and a few mood stabilizers and none have helped with my symptoms. I am a veteran and some of my experiences were while in the marines and some are childhood traumas.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: I'm a rape victim, abuse; mental and physical and military abuse and assault.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The studies ive looked into were mdma and psilocybin.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your question.

Have you consulted a therapist who is experience in cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)? What exactly is your question regarding the studies?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I've gone to CPT through the VA. And that's the problem, I'm a veteran, I have to go through the VA for all of my healthcare. I have tried to reach out to other therapists around town, but none want to take my case because I would have to pay out of pocket. I am looking for studies that might be in the US for me to participate in. I've tried to find them myself but the internet is convoluted with too much false info and blogs. The VA won't help me in anyway and they take me off meds randomly. I just need help.
Expert:  Marie Beasley replied 12 days ago.

Good evening. I hope I can be of help. If you are looking for a trial to participate in, this is the best website to start with:

Here you can search for different types of trials that may be pertinent to what you are going through. Have you tried Prazosin for the symptoms? It is a medication that has been studied in veterans with PTSD. It has been found to be helpful for nightmares in particular but also daytime edginess associated with trauma. It might be beneficial to ask about this as it is not addictive and generally well tolerated. I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have a prescription for it, but I can't take it all the time because I get excessive dizziness and lightheaded. I do take it when I am have a nightmare spell, which can last up to 3 weeks. It does subside those, but does nothing for hyper awareness, anxiety, panic, depression. I have been a very atypical case for a lot because of the multiple traumas I have endured and honestly feel like there is little to nothing that can be helped.
I will look into that link you left me. Thank you.
Expert:  Marie Beasley replied 10 days ago.

I hope you found some trials to pursue. If this was helpful, please give a positive rating. Thanks!