Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Husband is controlling. History of alcohol abuse which

Customer Question

husband is controlling. History of alcohol abuse which exacerbates his emotional/verbal abuse. Currently he is sober and attends a court mandated DV program, and things overall are much better. Yesterday when we were out in public with our two young children. He said I was making eye contact repeatedly with a male. He gave me the silent treatment the rest of the day, and then got angry about it later. I knew what he was angry about before he said it, because this happens at least 50 percent of the time we go out in public. I feel as though I can't speak to men or look at them because he will get mad... so I do my best not to. (Which I understand is not healthy, and makes me feel so defeated and just not myself) But it's better than getting him upset. And yet... he still gets angry with me, if a man looks at me or God forbid I make eye contact.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: My long distance vision is not great and I lost my glasses three months ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: nothing relevant to my problem
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I'd like to help you with your problem.

Thank you for explaining your situation. What question can I help you with? Thank you.

Mary Ann