Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC

There is this lady that is 14 years old, made accusations

Customer Question

There is this young lady that is 14 years old, made accusations that she slept over a friends house and the Father came into the room when she was sleeping side by side next to the friend and he fondled himself and allegedly touched her on top of her clothes. The parents reported it. What other parents and friends are finding very interesting is that the girl that was allegedly molested posted a picture of herself a week later after accusing the man of her licking a chocolate covered penis ice cream and her caption said praise the penis and I have asked true victims of molestation or rape and they said a person would not make a joke of something as serious as that,what is your opinion?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Expert:  Linda D. replied 20 days ago.

Hello there, you ask a very good question and an important one. As psychotherapists we clinically know that there are a vast array of ways that a person will respond to the stress, humiliation, fears, trauma, embarrassment, shame and guilt of being sexualized, sexually abused or sexually taken advantage of. This young lady is very young, 14, to have something like this happen to her and her response and coping mechanisms can also be immature and childish given her abilities developmentally. Humor is a defense mechanism and she could be expressing much more difficult distress at what happened by making light of it. i worked with adolescents exclusively for over 8 years and witnessed many unique responses to sexual trauma. I hope this information is helpful to you, please let me know if I can help you any further. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
thank you
Expert:  Linda D. replied 20 days ago.

You are welcome. Please take a moment to rate my service to you. I would truly appreciate it and I wish you all the best. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC