Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I have a 50 year old son and 13 years he goes into a deep

Customer Question

I have a 50 year old son and 13 years he goes into a deep depression. He locks himself in his bedroom and only comes out to eat. He has raised 5 kids alone and his wife had taken the kids first but she couldn't take care of them even though he paid all the bills and gave her $1,900. He owns a construction company. When he goes down his 79 year father and a partner. He gets very dark. Not the same person, he's like this for 2 weeks and says he's going to kill the pedophyles but he dosent act on it. He has been diagnosed with border line schicphereba, his othe 2 brothers had it and one died for lack of medical care in prison. He has also said he had phychotic personality that the last Dr he saw said that.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 26 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry your son is having emotional/mental problems. From your description, your son needs to be evaluated by a Psychiatrist either voluntarily or by having him committed (Baker Act for up to 72 hours). You don't mention if he has been prescribed any medication or if he has, whether he is taking it. He needs help so he does not do anything that he or you will regret.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 25 days ago.

Have you made any arrangement to have your son evaluated?