Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

Would it be ok for me to take diazepam now as have had a

Customer Question

Would it be ok for me to take diazepam now as have had a major meltdown haven't had my duloxetine for about a week now
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Have diazepam was prescribed to me and on normally coveram for blood pressure duloxetine for depression and anxiety mertazipine of a night time
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Major meltdown only just happened but haven't had my meds now for about a week
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: Nah lap band surgery 18 months ago
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 20 days ago.
Welcome to the site.
Well. If you are struggling with overwhelming stress and anxiety and you are finding it difficult to cope then yes you shall take diazepam only on PRN basis that is not regularly but occasionally at times such as this present scenario where you are facing extremely stressful situation plus when you also do not have your main medications.
But, please do get your refill of duloxetine done as soon as possible since this medication is the mainstay of your treatment and it needs to be taken regularly.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.