LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  10 years post-MSW experience
25232551

How can i get help with just medicare? I live on about 1200

Customer Question

how can i get help with just medicare? I live on about 1200 a month and it takes it all to just live.I was diagnosed with ptsd have severe depression and don't feel like I am wanted or needed anywhere.My family turned on me when my second husband molested my grandaughter.I sent him to jail for 10 years and divorced him. But i feel so quilty for not protecting her. Sometimes I feel like everyone would be better off without me.I don't feel comfortable around people even my kids and grandkids.I stay to myself and trust noone.How can I get help with just medicare?Thank you for your time
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  LeahMSWuofm replied 2 months ago.

Hi Marlene, thanks for writing to us. My name is***** am really sorry to hear about what has happened to you. What your ex-husband did was not your fault. You have to accept that and truly try to move on facing the relationships you have with your family with confidence and hope. Hopefully, time will continue to heal these past wounds and you and your family can move on together.

As far as finding someone to help you that takes Medicare, this website will lead you to people in your area that accept Medicare as an insurance http://therapists.psychologytoday.com. You should also read their profiles to see if they mention sliding scales and try to reach out to those professionals first. But even if they do not, you should still reach out the the counselors you think may work, and ask them if they would be willing to cut you a break on the uncovered portion of your bill (I believe you are asking this because you know Medicare will only cover 80% of the visit). From this site you can even sort the counselors by "faith" to ensure you are aligining with someone who will allow this to be a healthy and normal part of your recovery.

I hope this information leads you to someone who will walk beside you as you continue to heal from the past and to learn to live a life with acceptance, understanding, and forgiveness to yourself. You desreve that so I commend you for pursuing it. And again, I hope your family keeps coming around. Your feeling like an outsider may not reflect how much they actiually love you, so don't give up on these relationships or yourself.

I remain here if you wish to talk further,

Leah

Hello, I just wanted to check in with you and see if I can help you any further? Please don't hesitate to ask!

Leah