Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have never done this before, and I have an appointment

Customer Question

I have never done this before, and I have an appointment next week with a psychologist near my home, but I need advice now. I sprung on my husband last week that I feel like his roommate, not his wife. There are things he is "working on" to improve our relationship, but I'm not sure I want him to work on it. He said he can't imagine not seeing me and the kids everyday, but what I don't think he realizes is that separate, I think he would see the kids more. I am not at all sexually attracted to him. And I kind of find his advances annoying and unsolicited.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 7 months ago.

I am glad you have a face to face appointment so you can get the support around this. It sounds pretty clear that you no longer want to be with him, so what is holding you back from being open with him about your feelings and finding a solution that works for you?

I am here when you are available.