Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have been diagnosed with PTSD in 1994 with severe anxiety

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with PTSD in 1994 with severe anxiety and debilitating panic attacks. I have trouble leaving my home for fear of an anxiety attack and an even greater fear of a panic attack in public.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. I am grateful you found our site and look forward to helping you. Unfortunately anxiety disorders are terribly prevalent today. Can you please tell me the city/town/state you live in? I can research resources for you, along with some other suggestions I have. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Linda D. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see you have requested a phone call. Normally I would be able to do this no problem, but I am traveling in Eastern Europe with my son for a few more days and do not have access to international calling. However if you have an iphone (face time) or you can do a Skype call then we can have a live conversation at no long distance charge to either of us. Are you able to do either of these? I look forward to hearing from you. Linda

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry but I do not have access to either. Perhaps when you return. Enjoy your time with your son :-) Susan
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Linda D. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you Susan, I am so sorry but I will be returning to New York Thursday evening and will contact you on Friday to offer you the phone call. I look forward to helping you. In the meantime I would like to suggest that you research a couple of workbooks that are sold online that you can do at you own pace and are self directed in helping individuals to learn strategies and techniques to cope with their anxiety and panic. One is called the Anxiety and Phobia workbook and the other is called the Anxiety Workbook. Both are excellent and can be a good supplement to your overall plan to combat the symptoms of anxiety.Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Expert:  Linda D. replied 2 months ago.

Hello Susan, I have returned from my travels. Would you like to have a phone conversation tonight or tomorrow as you had originally requested so that we can discuss your struggles with anxiety and discuss some possible solutions? I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC