LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  10 years post-MSW experience

I have recurrent negative memories and repressed anger. I

Customer Question

I have recurrent negative memories and repressed anger. I need a therapist to help me process these emotions and memories
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  LeahMSWuofm replied 29 days ago.

Hi Ahmed, thanks for writing. My name is ***** ***** I apologize that your question sat overnight. In general, this site may not be the appropriate one to help you with unpacking repressed memories, especially if these are traumatic or impactful. That level of work should be done in a face-to-face setting where the therapist and you have some control over the intensity and can "repack" the memories after the session as needed.

This is my favorite website for locating therapists in your area... . The other place you can seek out a mental health professional is through your insurance's website where you can look for a "Find a Provider/Doctor" link.

I hope this addresses your question even if it was not quite the answer you hoped for in terms of someone on this site offering to do that work with you. I'll remain available if you want to get back to me.