abray1115
abray1115, Doctor
Experience:  Primary care with particular care and experience in managing common psychiatric problems.
13781349

I have been diagnosed with conversion disorder. All is very

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with conversion disorder. All is very confusing. Can you explain this disorder to me?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
10 minutes are less would be great. I have been freezing up frequently
Expert:  abray1115 replied 9 months ago.

Hello!

What are your physical symptoms ?

What do you mean that you "freeze up frequently?

A conversion disoder is physical symptoms that have a psychological basis ... Stress caused in other words ... Stress may present in many ways ... Stress can indeed cause certain physical problems such as stomach ulcers ...

If you indeed have a conversion disorder then it helps to develop the treatment plan for you...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know what details may be helpful

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have terrible anxiety attacks now over what seems to be nothing. By freezing I mean the upper part down to my toes will not move, sometimes for 7 hours. I want to know what causes this and is there a chance of it getting better. I need to know everything. Thank you.
Hello !
Ok I see -- yes you need to be under the care of a psychiatrist
There is medication to help your condition ...the psychiatrist needs to evaluate what roots exist to the emergence of this problem ....
If you are in a frozen state for hours as you say then you may be experiencing what is medically referred to as a catatonic state
A conversion response is as I said a response to stress ....both terms might apply to you but the details of your diagnosis and treatment need to be sorted out by a psychiatrist
Of note you might in the course of your treatment be referred to 2 related specialists >> a psychologist is a PHD or similar expert whom does in depth counseling ....
A psychiatrist is an MD type specialist that would evaluate you and manage treatment oversight including if you need prescription medication
You may have issues of anxiety as you mention panic attacks ....it would seem that anxiety disorder in severe form is currently disabling you....
Let me know if you have further questions or discussion or concerns
I will be happy to get back with you
Best regards,
Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As I mentioned as about being frozen, unable to move for a certain period of time. I am not in a catatonic state. My psychiatrist nor Psycchologist have much information about this disorder. I have search the internet and looked for books about this disorder- nothing.
Let me ask you a few questions:
Are you knowledgeable in regards ***** ***** disorder?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello ,

I will be offline and away until AM

I will offer you a reference for you to review on conversion disorder ..

Hopefully this will be helpful for you >>>

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000954.htm

What specific questions do you have ??

Will be go back in AM .....