Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Are you really there? I see... I live in Germany... I think

Customer Question

Are you really there?
JA: No. I'm the Psychologist's Assistant.
Customer: I see... I live in Germany... I think it won't be almost impossible for you to help me
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No medications, I hadn't seen a doctor... not yet... why should I do it?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: Don't think so
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 30 days ago.

Good afternoon and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area of the United States.

How can I assist you today? Please let me know what is on your mind....

Look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 25 days ago.

Good evening,

Just wanted to circle back and see if there is anything I can assist you with tonight?

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Hi Leslie,
Thanks for your answer. I sometimes have mood swings and this usually happens when I don't want to let know others that I'm feeling bad about a topic in particular.
So when I'm alone... I start crying or feeling a node in my throat, sometimes is even difficult to write.
I guess much of my discomfort has to be with the fact that a really close friend and me had a disagreement. Things got somehow nasty but she was the only one who was talking, it just got me by surprise to learn all the things she kept herself about our friendship. I didn't know how to react. I still don't know, so I just decided to forget about the whole issue and let go. We hadn't talked till now.
It has been three weeks already, I don't know how to start a conversation with her.
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 24 days ago.

Good morning and thank you so much for your message. Ohhhh sweet soul, your pushing away of feelings have created depression. It is so important to manage our feelings when they surface....not simply push them aside. My heart aches for you as it sounds like you felt your friend was coming out of nowhere with her confrontation and I imagine it was devastating for you. I can absolutely understand why confronting her would be difficult for you. What if you said something like this...

"I love you and the friendship we have had for ____ years. Our time together has always been refreshing and enjoyable. I was surprised to hear your feelings the other week and wanted to talk further about them."

This will open the door for communication and I would highly recommend you including your own thoughts and feelings. Mention you were quite taken back by what she shared and what you hope the relationship to be moving forward.

Does this help at all?