Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am a 62 year old man and I am still a. I like women, but I

Customer Question

I am a 62 year old man and I am still a virgin. I like women, but I am a nervous wreck when it comes to being intimate with them. I feel like a loser.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Expert:  Linda D. replied 2 months ago.

Oh dear man, please don't be so hard on yourself. First of all in our culture we have made having sex something to base our self esteem on. Have you had any intimacy such as kissing and hugging? Can you tell me more about why you may have not been physically involved with a women? do you have an anxiety disorder? health issues? religious beliefs, etc.? the more you can share with me the easier it will be for me to help and make some recommendations. I look forward to hearing from you, Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
very little kissing, it is hard for me to give a women a simple kiss. very little hugging
Expert:  Linda D. replied 2 months ago.

Did you enjoy the kissing? Can you tell me more about why you may have not been physically involved with a women? do you have an anxiety disorder? health issues? religious beliefs, etc.? the more you can share with me the easier it will be for me to help and make some recommendations. I look forward to hearing from you, Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC