LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  10 years post-MSW experience

I have been taking adderall for add for many years. I have

Customer Question

I have been taking adderall for add for many years. I have recently moved to central Texas, 6 hours away from my primary dr. and am unable to see him about getting back on the adderall. Is there any way someone could prescribe me the medication online so that I don't have to find a dr. ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  LeahMSWuofm replied 1 month ago.

Hi Rachel, thanks for writing. Unfortunately, this website does not offer prescription services which I trust is frustrating to hear as you search out your options. Before writing, I tried to research telepsychiatry options in Texas but was mostly unsuccessful. The only ones providing this service do not seem to offer it to individuals, but instead to facilities.

I think your best best is to get a primary care physician in your new location. This could come in handy down the road and is among your best options right now. You may have to hunt around a bit for someone taking new patients who can see you quickly, but the hunt is probably worth it. Try your insurer's website and look for their "Find a provider" get a list of people near you. Sometimes primary care clinics within major medical centers have faster openings because residents often see patients making for more appointment slots.

Alternatively, here is a website where you can investigate psychiatrists in your area. Psychiatrists often have long wait-lists however, so establishing in primary care still may prove your best option.

I would also call your old doc a call (if you haven't already) to see if he is willing to write you one last supply of adderall to get you until you see your new provider. He may be more receptive to this after you get an appointment established somewhere.

Sorry - I wish I had the magic resource to fix this problem for you!

Good luck,