Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I am a 57 year old male.I am married and (this embarrases

Customer Question

Hi I am a 57 year old male.I am married and (this embarrases me) but i love my wife and she loves me. She does not want sex or to even touch her. I have tried all sorts of things and even suggesting some sort of help but to no avail. I want sex and am considering, well even have contacted a brothel
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: I hae had a number of issue being sleep apnaeo and high blood pressure which have been controlled for a long time with medication and a cpap machine. i am overweight and frankly after not having sex for years i dont even know if i can do it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: I am taking Efexor 150mg for anxiety/depression
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The usual approach to this type of issue would be to seek counseling as a couple. However, as with any counseling, it would typically involve her wanting to address the issue, so she would need to want to participate and seek resolution to the issue.

There also should be some consideration as to whether there is a specific medical problem that is contributing to this, such as pain in the vagina that is worse with intercourse. From this perspective, an evaluation by her OBGyn would be an appropriate step.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.