Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I am diagnosed with General anxiety disorder, ADHD, and

Customer Question

My name is***** am diagnosed with General anxiety disorder, ADHD, and depression. From 2013 until 2015 my medications were managed by my psychiatrist. I have been prescribed Welbutrin 300mg, Aderall 30mg 2x per day. And 2mg of clonazepam, per day. In the beginning of 2016, my family and I moved approximately an hour away from my psychiatrist. I went to a regular doctor who prescribed me the same medications, until I could get an appointment with a psychiatrist. That was about two months ago. This psychiatrist works out of satellite offices, and sees his patients every two months. That didn't bother me, However at my last appointment he switched me to Paxil and Straterra due to the fact that I had told him my anxiety had worsened and I was experiencing panic attacks. This was on August ninth and my next appointment is in late October. Although he is still prescribing me clonazepam and Wellbutrin this past month has been complete hell. If I'm not panicking, I feel so utterly sad and hopeless I can't stop crying. I thought maybe it was just my body adjusting to new meds, but it's been over a month. I've tried contacting him and scheduling a sooner appointment but his assistant always says he's unavailable and to go to the hospital if it's an emergency. I am so scattered and overwhelmed by everything my mother has had to stay with me to assist with the kids. Will these new meds begin to work? Or does the dosage just need to be adjusted? I need to do something now, but where do you go to have your meds evaluated/changed/prescribed, when it's not technically an emergency? The ER doesn't prescribe psych meds and send you home? Is their anything I can do?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear that you are having this much difficulty.

Alison,

I have several suggestions for you.

1. Call your previous Psychiatrist and ask for a referral to a Psychiatrist in your area.

2. You can go to an Urgent Care Center. They will provide psychiatric care at the time of the visit for you.

3. If after 4 weeks on the new meds, you still have no improvement you need to have either the meds changed or the dose adjusted.

Anti anxiety and antidepressant medications do take time to work, and the combination is important.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please kindly rate me a 5-Star. Thank you