Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC

I'm 18 years old, I've been smoking marihuana for about 4

Customer Question

Hello I'm 18 years old, I've been smoking marihuana for about 4 years. I had a breakup that hurt me emotionally and mentally, i started amoking way more after this happened in my head i did it to swipe the memories away and move on from my problem, I would get to a point where I would feel so bad from smoking that ill take breaks. To make it short i feel like im loosing my self , I feel like im spaced out and can't think straight . I don't feel the same feeling and I don't think the same how I used to . I had a positive and straight mentality to do good in life . I feel alone, empty . I feel like something is not letting me be my self . I over think too much , I'm always thinking and worrying about my future, I'm currently working . I'm enrolled in school once a week but I Farley make it . I don't feel like I'm the same person I was and I don't like who I'm becoming, it's super hard for me to remember things and I'm forgetting more things than I used to . I want to feel the same happiness again I want to feel like im my self again and I want to feel the sober healthy feeling . I feel slow, I feel dumb . I just want my regular life back .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 month ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist and certified substance abuse specialist. I am sorry to hear you are struggling with the symptoms of chronic prolonged marijuana use. The human brain does not stop developing until we are approximately 25 years old; at the halfway point you started smoking marijuana which have chemicals that affect the brain negatively. Honestly, it would be best if you considered getting a substance abuse evaluation at a treatment center and the followed the recommendations made to you by the clinician who would evaluate you. Is this something you would consider? I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC