Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I am trying to balance and control my mental health but am

Customer Question

I am trying to balance and control my mental health but am afraid of medication. What are some of the best ways to cope? Will it ever go away?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 month ago.

Hello there, thank you for your patience. Many individuals prefer to treat the symptoms of mental health without medication and in fact Forbes magazine did an article I will share with you about how much more psychotherapy is effective in treating symptoms than medication. Is this something you have considered? After I hear back from you I also want to share some areas to build into your life to strengthen your emotional and psychological resiliency and coping skills. I look forward to hearing from you and will be online all day today. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC