Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC

I have a lot of trouble being around andtalking to people, i

Customer Question

I have a lot of trouble being around andtalking to people, i also get angry easily and cant stand to be touched and i cant concentrate on anything for more than a few minutes. Are there any conditions that i might have?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 month ago.

Hello Robyn, it sounds like you are really struggling with these symptoms. And there may be several things going on simultaneously. My first impression is that you sound like you are struggling with anxiety. Anxiety untreated can be very debilitating and cause multiple problems in a persons life, socially, physically, emotionally. The issue of not wanting to be touched I would like to understand more before I proceed. Are you also sensitive to fabrics, textures or is this truly about not wanting a person to touch you? I look forward to talking to you about this further. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, I have no problem with fabrics or anything else it's just people I can't stand. Thanks Robyn.
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, thank you for waiting for my response. That helps so that I know this is not a sensory issue. Robyn, your symptoms sound like you could be struggling with untreated depression. I am going to attach a questionnaire for you to go through. Please let me know how you have answered these questions. Thanks, Linda

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, Ive noted everything I can think of. Feeling empty, irritability, loss of interest in family and friends, difficulty concentrating and remembering things, loss of energy and headaches. Thanks.
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 month ago.

Yes, I thought this might be your answer. You do sound like you are struggling with depression. It would be best if you spoke to your doctor about the possibility of an SSRI medication like Celexa and try it for a trial of 6-8 weeks to see if you start to feel significantly better. You might also want to add a visit with a psychotherapist who is trained in CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) who can help you to uncover, process and heal underlying causes of your symptoms. I hope this is helpful to you and I wish you all the best. Please let me know if you have any other questions for me. I would appreciate you taking a moment to rate my service to you. Thank you! Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC